Equality legislation is detailed and complex setting out employees’ rights and employer’s duties in respect of equality and discrimination in the workplace. The legal obligations now differ substantially between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK as well as the Republic of Ireland. With members of our team qualified and experienced in all three jurisdictions, not only can we work with you to ensure compliance but we can help you stay compliant in all three jurisdictions.
- Auditing your policies procedures and workforce to identify risks and offer practical advice and training to manage those risks.
- Drafting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the legislation in line with the needs of your organisation.
- Advising in relation to Fair Employment monitoring and reviewing obligations in Northern Ireland.
- Advising public sector bodies in relation to Section 75 duties.
- Advising in relation to grievances and complaints of discrimination, bullying and harassment and victimisation.
- Representing clients in proceedings in the Industrial and Fair Employment Tribunals as well as claims in the Workplace Relations Commission and in the civil courts.
- Advising in relation to Equal Pay audits and defence of Equal Pay claims, including class actions.
- Advising in relation to Gender Pay Gap reporting obligations.