Data Protection and Cyber risk
Emerging technology and wide ranging European legislative reform makes Data Protection and cyber risk one of the most rapidly evolving areas of law. Large corporates, SMEs, charitable organisations and public bodies alike face challenges in keeping up to date with developments in this area.
- Advising on Data Protection compliance, data management strategy and establishing practical processes and structures to assist companies in achieving and maintaining their legal obligations under GDPR.
- Assisting with Information Audits.
- Advising on dealing with data access requests, data breaches, transfer of data abroad and using data for marketing purposes.
- Drafting privacy notices and data protection polices.
- Assisting clients in reporting obligations in relation to data protection and cyber security incidents.
- Advising on data protection issues in commercial transactions.
- Reviewing and auditing data protection and cyber security policies and procedures to reduce risk.
- Compliance advice in respect of data retention periods and security requirements.